10 Hilarious and Honest Reasons Why I Love Being a Mom
Toddlers & Teens
Being a mom is one of the hardest yet most rewarding jobs I’ve been blessed to have in my lifetime. There are some awesome highs — and some lows — that come with being someone’s mama, but it’s a job I wouldn’t trade for anything. A mommy’s position in the family structure is undeniably important. I put up with tantrums, poopy diapers, vomit, carpools, early mornings, sleepless nights, stretch marks and stained clothes. One thing I’ve learned as a mom is that I’ll never, ever be bored. With a toddler and teen running around, my life is a constant adventure.
Here are just a few candid reasons that explain why I love being a mom:
1. The instant excuse! After becoming a mom, I quickly learned that I’d always be able to leave a party and blame it on my kids! No one would ever give me a guilt trip.
2. An endless supply of products. When I run out of my shower gel I can always snatch up some from my kids. Kiwi Strawberry Banana Split is an extremely sophisticated scent on a woman, right?
3. It’s always okay to have a cookie. When I’m on a diet, I can always cheat by pretending that my son dropped his chips on the floor. I can’t find a trash can! Darn it, oh well — I guess I have to eat it. I dare not litter.
4. The get out of a conversation free card. When in a discussion that I want to get out of with my hubby, I can always just pretend to hear the baby. “Wait, sh. Is that the baby? I better go check.” See you later, argument!
5. The attention. Maybe this a doubled-edged sword, but when I was pregnant, all I had to do is touch my belly and I immediately got all of the attention.
6. No pressure to be early, late or on time — ever again. With kids, no one expected me to be on time anymore. It’s fantastic!
7. Public sympathy. This doesn’t happen every time, but I swear, it happens enough. Every time my toddler has a tantrum in the grocery store line, the people ahead of me let me cut to the front since he’s screaming. No one likes to hear a kid having a fit in public.
8. I never feel bad skipping the gym. When you have kids, it’s totally fine if I don’t make it to the gym. I can just chase my kids around the backyard and burn calories. (Which also makes it totally okay to have cookies at snack time!)
9. Spa treatments are justified. My man would never trade a day at the office for what I do at home.
10. I’m a walking, talking supply closet for clean-ups and spills. When I need a napkin or something spills, I can always use my baby wipes! They can remove any stain off clothes like nobody’s business!
Why do you love being a mom? Let me know in the comment box below!